The Long Reach Mill is located on the Tamar River 35 kilometres north of Launceston.
Forico has full access to the site to operate the facility for processing and export of woodchips.
The mill can load the world’s largest woodchip vessels with up to 60,000 green metric tonnes (GMTs) of cargo at an average loading rate of 900 GMT/hr.
The Chain of Custody is an essential component of Forico’s certification systems. Each delivery is assigned a docket which associates the load with a specific harvesting contractor.
The process at the Long Reach Mill:
- Log trucks are received, weighed and reviewed against strict quality assurance requirements.
- A delivery docket is generated allowing each load to be tracked right through the process.
- Forest products are then unloaded by wheeled loaders into a conventional log yard and segregated according to species and log type.
- Logs are batch processed through a chipper and screened to remove excessive fines and oversize material dependent on the customer’s requirements.
- Processed chips are then stockpiled to await ship loading.