Forico is looking to appoint two Operations Forester's (North East Tasmania) based in Launceston.
- Employment Arrangement: Full Time
- Vehicle: Tool of Trade Utility
- Location: Launceston
We are currently looking to appoint two Operations Forester’s for North East Tasmania, based at Forico’s Launceston office. Applicants with a background in either forest planning, or forest road maintenance and construction are encouraged to apply.
The role of an Operations Forester is to assist with the implementation of forest operations including harvest planning, operation works programs for roading, harvest and haulage operations, quarry operations, contractor management and stakeholder interaction. The role requires a significant amount of driving and outdoor work, therefore applicants will need to be physically fit and possess a current driver’s licence.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring operations for compliance with Forico’s SH&E Policies and Procedures
- Development of Forest Practices Plans (FPP’s) for harvesting operations giving appropriate consideration to natural values protection and operational requirements
- Reviewing road maintenance and construction requirements for forest operations
- Ensuring wood products are delivered to the approved destinations in the required species mix, quantities and quality specifications
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key supply chain stakeholders, contractors, customer representatives and regulatory bodies
- Participation in Forico’s fire duty roster which includes being available on call, and with reasonable response times, to assist Forico in fire suppression activities
To be considered for this full time role you must be able to demonstrate the following attributes, experience and qualifications:
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline (Forestry/Agriculture)
- Demonstrated experience in the forestry/agricultural industry
- Ability to manage stakeholders in a complex logistics environment
- Knowledge and understanding of biological processes and impacts on plantation forests
- Ability to work with a strong safety focus autonomously and/or within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Physically fit
- Current Drivers Licence – Motor Vehicle
If you would like to discuss this position, please call Forico’s Strategic Resource and Logistics Manager Darren Herd on 0419 376 796. To apply for this position please submit your applicationincluding; a cover letter, your response to the position’s selection criteria (attributes, experience and qualifications) and a current resume that includes two valid referees via this portal.
Applications close 9.00am on Tuesday 13 March 2018.