Forico is seeking to appoint a Planning Forester working across North East Tasmania.
Forico is seeking to appoint a full-time Planning Forester working across North East Tasmania. To be successful in this role you will need an ability to work autonomously, have an eye for detail, and be organised within a complex logistics environment. The role will require an amount of driving and outdoor work; therefore, applicants will need to be physically fit and possess a current driver’s licence.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting and delivering safe systems of work for all workers, consistent with Forico’s Safety, Health and Environment policies
- Planning and delivering industry leading forest operations outcomes, specifically through development of Forest Practices Plans
- Build and retain strong working relationships with stakeholders including contractors, Government agencies, and regulatory authorities
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following attributes, experience and qualifications:
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline (Forestry/Agriculture/Natural Resources desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in the forestry industry
- Ability to manage stakeholders in a complex logistics environment
- Ability to work with a strong safety focus autonomously and/or within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Physically fit
- Current Driver’s Licence – car
To apply for this position please submit your application including; a cover letter, your response to the above selection criteria (attributes, experience and qualifications) and a current resume that includes two valid referees via this portal. If you would like to discuss this position further please call Forico’s Strategic Resource and Logistics Manager, Darren Herd on 0419 376 796.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Wednesday 27 June 2018.