Forico’s Tree Improvement Program produces and delivers leading genetic material for the three-plantation species deployed in our reforestation program. To further develop the capacity of our team Forico are seeking to appoint a full time Tree Improvement staff member based in our Ridgley Office in North West Tasmania.
To be successful in this role you will need excellent communication and organisational skills, the capacity to understand and learn technical tasks. You will need to be physically fit as the position involves some work outdoors in seed orchards and plantations and you will have responsibility for supervising and completing manual tasks that may be labour intensive at times.
- The establishment and maintenance of field trials and seed orchards
- Collection, recording and reporting of field trial data
- Updating and management of tree improvement files and datasets
- Tasks associated with the collection and processing of seed and pollen
- Management and organisation of contractors
- Assisting the Tree Improvement Manager with compilation of reports and management of the Tree Improvement programs
- Collaborating with foresters and nursery staff to ensure operational efficiency
To be considered for this role you must possess the following attributes, experience and qualifications/licenses:
- Strong safety focus
- Qualification/s in Agriculture/Horticulture or significant relevant industry experience will be highly regarded
- An understanding of horticulture and plant biology principles
- Physically fit with excellent communication skills
- Well-developed data management and general computer skills
- Observant and accurate with attention to detail
- Current Drivers Licence – Motor Vehicle
- Elevated work platform licence (Or ability to obtain)
- Chainsaw and faller licence (Or ability to obtain)
A tool of trade vehicle will be provided for this role. If you would like to discuss this position further, please call Kelsey Joyce, Forico’s Tree Improvement Manager on 0419 536 563 or Mark Leverton, Tree Improvement Technician on 0448 301 859.
To apply for this position please submit your application including; a cover letter, your response to the position’s selection criteria (attributes, experience and qualifications) and a current resume that includes two valid referees via this portal.
Applications close at 9.00am on - Wednesday 18th April 2018.